Monday, June 19, 2017

Once we got back to the campsite, we set up our tents, and we ate pizza. we showered and played canjam and euchre back at the campsite. We knew rain is forecasted, so we had our rain coats ready. We went to bed around 10. Nate Bennet and I woke up at 1:20 am to the sound of rain poring down our tent. I had to go to the bathroom so I unzipped my tent when the rain was the slowest. When I got out, I saw my tent was surrounded by water 2 inches deep. Our tent had water underneath it so whenever we moved it, it kind of a Jiggled with water. I knew something was wrong so I woke up Nate and we got some help to move Our tent to somewhere higher. By the time everything was back up, it was 2:00 am. When I woke up I saw that my tent was soaked and my sleeping pad was wet. After we packed up our tent, we patrolled the area and found (from the last campers) beer caps, cigarettes, candy wrappers, and glow sticks. For breakfast we had French toast, sausage and oj. After we ate, we patrolled the pavilion then fell out to cars. The drive was mostly uneventful. Just driving through the middle of nowhere. Right now we are heading to a rest stop to eat lunch and stretch.

Lucas

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. All that stuff taught at the skills campout really is important!

    ReplyDelete